Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wasen's Fanfiction of Saddam Hussein's Diary

“Don’t tell me about the law. The law is anything I write on a scrap of paper.” Saddam Hussein.

On June 30th 2004 I was convicted for crimes against humanity, Some fool thought it would be fit to sentence me to death because a few Shiites were killed while I was at the prime of my power.... His ignorance made my blood boil, the coward sat there speaking to me like he knew the truth... but he didn’t know that all those pigs deserved to die! The idiot stated a total of 148 deaths... I enjoyed listening to his mistakes, little did he know there were thousands of deaths and I would do it all over again in a second... No actually I would make one thing different; I would make sure every single one of those Shiites along with the Kurds suffer a longer more painful death.... Kurds... they are not human.... they are animals... even my dogs have more value in society than those ungrateful, deceiving rodents! But not to worry the trial and my conviction were just part of a bigger plan and soon I will return to my beloved Samira.

I clearly remember my first day at school I was 10 years old, that was the first step towards my successful accomplishments, as soon as uncle Khairullah introduced me to the Baath party I could see it all in front of me, I was better, stronger and smarter than all the men there. At that moment everything became so clear all my confusion and self doubt vanished. God spoke to me and showed me his plan for Iraq and I was the only man worthy of his revelations. Uncle Khairullah was good to me, he was kind and generous.. if not for him I would have had to live with mama and that pig she married! Moving to Baghdad to live with uncle was the best thing that happened to me, otherwise I would still be in Tikrit herding sheep like a peasant!
Sajida
I had no choice but to marry Sajida my cousin... she is a good woman, obedient, quiet, conservative and I knew Sajida would later on represent and encourage real Iraqi family values to the women of Iraq, Sajida was an obligation an arrangement... I did not want to upset uncle Khairullah so marrying his daughter was the best way for me to show him my gratitude, as well as start a family to strengthen my power.
Donald,Ronald and myself
After marrying Sajida in Cairo I returned to Iraq and it was time for me to begin organizing what my Baath party will bring Iraq and who will have the honor to be at my service, Of course during this time Donald Rumsfeld and Ronald Reagan were very helpful. We discussed my future as President of Iraq in great detail, the agreement made between Britain, America and myself was simple I would be elected as president by the end of 1979 and continue ruling Iraq until I am declared dead, all they required was oil and my discretion. We decided the best way for me to gain power over Iraq was to disappear for a while and keep a low profile so the Iraqi people will continue to believe I am under arrest. We met often to discuss future war strategies against Iran..This was very exciting Donald, Ronald and myself agreed that through their funding and ammunition the Iraqi government will declare war on Iran and I will continue to send soldiers until Iran is crippled... yes of course many young boys died but so what?!?! They died with honor! They died with pride! They died for me!
Popular photograph displayed around Iraq
The day I was elected as president of Iraq was spectacular I declared a three day holiday and an extravagant party was held in my honour. At the time Ali was with me chatting about his new nickname “my Excellency you know these worthless Shiite dogs are calling me Chemical Ali? They are worried I will kill all of them using mustard gas” I told him not to worry “soon Ali mustard gas will not be the only toy you will use on my enemies..... You will make me proud” he laughed and thanked me... Suddenly a tall, thin, blond and beautiful young woman walked in with her husband, I told her to come sit next to me she was shy and quiet but her beauty was exquisite. At that moment I told Ali to arrange the necessary arrangements (you know the divorce papers from her husband then and there). Ali later on told me her husband started to cry saying “please we just got married! She is my wife! You cannot do this” after hearing that I had tears of laughter!
Samira
Samira was brought to my palace on the same night...I made sure she was comfortable, I provided her with all the necessities a woman should have in order to preserve her beauty and I permanently shifted her belongings into my bedroom... She was mine and I made sure that no one interfered with that. Sajida became irritable, jealous her constant complaining drove me insane I explained to her that she will always have what she wants but I no longer want to live in the same palace as  her. Samira physically fulfilled my sexual desires, whereas Sajida was old and unattractive... the only reason I slept with Sajida was to reproduce! I was relieved and pleased that my people knew of my godly power, after all I am the man that made them progress from simple minded peasants to doctors, engineers, teachers and many more respected professions. I built the best universities and I was the first man to ever wipe out illiteracy! Iraq was powerful, strong, dynamic, rich and it was MINE!

30 December 2006
Today the Holy month of Ramadan ended and it is the first day of the three days of celebration (Eid). And today is the day I Saddam the son of Subha Tulfa died. Even though I am declared deceased does not mean I will continue living my life like these regular humans. No one will forget me, I have become part of history... university students will write about me. I will return to Iraq soon.......America can not keep me silent for long.. I will expose the truth about their deceiving political scandals...I am Saddam and I will not die a fool!!

12 comments:

  1. Hey Guys,
    I would appreciate any feedback you could give me... I actually want people to tell me the truth... so dont worry about being nice!! be as brutal as you want/can... I have a feeling my fanfic might actually put you all to sleep.... Dont be shy I can take a good punch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was pretty cool; I’m uninitiated as far as the major narrative from which this fanfic leads on is concerned (pardon my political ignorance), so the back story helped. It was however potentially excessive, but you switched to immediate narrative development just before it got boring, keeping it choppy, almost disjointed; which kind of seemed intentional, like accenting Saddam's English-translated inner monologue for realism, or humour. It was effective either way. I don't know where you're going to take it though. I think your choice of fanfic would work just as well as an extended character sketch, so you could even leave it right there. Bit stuck for suggestions really; you could do a Tarantino and re-write history, glamorizing Saddam’s execution-death by transforming it into a super-hero/super-villain battle- royale between himself and, I don’t know, maybe Captain America, with the US reaping bloody triumph. Or maybe not if you were alternatively exploring Saddam’s cultural victimhood, though you’ve so far painted him in indelibly tyrannical brushstrokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam,
    Thanks for the help! Yeah the idea was to make it sound like it was actually him I actually put on a voice as I was typing... I felt like maybe I could leave it like that?.. like it could be just him talking to himself and the reader would decide if he is still alive or dead... a bit of a mystery... what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, from the go the point of your text seems to have simply been to outline Saddam's character, and your outline so far is vivid, layered, and rounds off with seemingly deliberate ambiguities; just a slice of Saddam life, and as it pulls this off I wouldn't feel the need to write anymore if I were you. I like how you proportioned his political to his personal life, having just the right amounts of each. It's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put me to sleep?? Ha! No way! I reallllly liked this! Was the most interesting thing I have read in a very long time! I take it that most of the information in your fanfic is based on facts of Saddams real life?? I found this really interesting! I have always been quite interested in the whole Saddam story, even though I never actually heard much about it, so reading this was cool. Its amazing how just knowing a little bit of backgroung about someone like Saddam can make his actions more understandable. All about power by the sounds of it, which I already knew but was really cool to read how it all started. I think I will watch that movie now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should make him kill himself at a public announcement. He just gets sooo annoyed with how idiotic some people are and cant go on knowing there are idiots like that around, so he pulls the trigger in front of the world. That way your story would have a lot of contrast to the true story of his execution. It would maybe make people think maybe his behaviour while alive was actually acceotable, were the people he killed complete fools that deserved it?? ( I mean of course they didnt, but ya know?) .....just an idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great DK I appreciate that... i will try to brainstorm a few ideas and shift things around I might just write that he is in the states kicking back with Bush and the rest of the crew enjoying a pina colada in Obamas backyard... but that might make it too comical and it wont have a dramatic effect... I also thought maybe I will end it as a letter to everyone saying he is better than everyone thats why he decided to kill himself... i dont know though ur idea was interesting a cross between hitler and a pop star! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Wasen:)
    I think your fanfic is fantastic. It is highly original,historically correct without being overbearing,and is a pleasure to read. Your fanfic made me look closer into Saddam Hussein's life.Thanks,wikipedia.
    I personally think that your fanfiction is already effective and perhaps only very few minor adjustments. Like Sam said you could potentially leave it as it is.My suggestion is maybe extend the story just a little bit...and have Saddam reflect on the state of Iraq now? After giving the date of Saddam's death, and then flipping to 2010 and having him reflect on the state of affairs would make it seem that the storyteller is infact Saddam's soul?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Guys,
    I thought it would be best to keep things simple so my fanfiction is basically a diary/log of Saddam's thoughts/ feelings.
    I thought it would be good to have a different approach towards the story and instead of writing just an ending or a recreation of the actual history. I would just take the reader into his mind and through his words the reader understands that Saddam is still alive and his next move will not be pleasant... his reaction will almost resemble a volcanic eruption!!
    I hope I did not let anyone down with my ending.. Thanks guys I appreciated all the help!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even thou I may sound like a Hussein fan I’m not! (I believe he wasn’t a good man) I still think the way Americans portrait him is totally fiction. Not even close to who he really was, they patronize the rest of the world and indoctrinate us with they own version of the events, events that are suitable with their side of their story. I just wanted to share my humble opinion based on my little knowledge, (just because I get very angry at Americans at times) hehehe…

    Well now talking about the fan fiction… Wasen I think it was a great idea you had of taking the reality of his life and then leaving his death to the reader consideration. The idea that he maybe is still alive is genius!! (People who like him may want to believe that he is still alive and that the Americans didn’t get their objective) I like Madina’s idea of him looking back at his life as a ghost…

    ReplyDelete